Boston Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Boston is called many things - Hub of the Solar System, The Cradle of Liberty, Birthplace of the American Revolution, The Athens of America, and America's Walking City - just to name a few! Despite its variety of nicknames, however, one thing remains the same: taking a Boston tour is a great way to experience America’s historic past.
Our guide team has been leading tours in Boston for years. As a new addition to the Urban Adventures Family, we are excited to breathe new life into our city. We work here, we play here - we live here. So no matter where you’re visiting us from, you can be sure to experience Boston like a local.
No vacation in Boston would be complete without a Boston Freedom Trail tour. When you’re ready to jump from history back into the present, you might be hungry. Join us for a Boston Pizza and Little Italy tour, where we’ll show you the best local cuisine – and taste it with you too!
Whether you’re visiting for a Boston weekend vacation or a long-time resident wanting to get to know your city better, Urban Adventures is ready to help you experience Boston like a local. Try a tour of Boston with Urban Adventures– history is on our side!
**We reserve the right to charge a 10% gratuity to all groups.
from 2 reviews
From USD 46.00
Pizza! Pizza! Pizza! Visit some of Boston's best pizza spots on this pizza smackdown which will settle the age old question: "Which pizza joint serves the best slice"? This Boston tour takes you straight into pizza heartland (Little Italy, of course) where pizza is the life force of the community. Mangiare!more...
Revolutionary Tavern Tour From USD 57.00
Like many game-changing moments in history, the American Revolution was born under the influence of alcohol. Visit the all-important taverns that led to a new American on this Boston tour filled with ales and tales.more...
Place: Boston - [ 07/10/2011 - 08/10/2015 ]
Boston's Haymarket is an open air market. It has been selling meat, fresh seafood, fruits and vegetables of every kind since 1825. The Haymarket is held each Friday and Saturday througout the year - rain or shine.Head of the Charles Regatta
Place: Charles River Boston - [ 22/10/2015 - 23/10/2015 ]
The head of the Charles Regatta is the largest 2-day rowing event in the world. The event was started by the Cambridge Boat Club in 1965.Fall Foliage Season
Place: New England - [ 15/10/2015 - 31/10/2015 ]
Autumn in New England means fall foliage season. Peak season starts in mid-October and runs through the beginning of November.more events...
Saint Patrick Parade
more... more stories...
06 May 2013 Great guide, great scenery, overall great experience.
Welcome to Boston! Our Boston guide team has been leading travellers throughout Boston for years. Let us take you off the beaten path to explore the quaint cobblestone backstreets of our city. Taste a slice from a local pizzeria voted 'Boston's Best' just last year, or step back into Boston history as you sip a drink at the same tavern where George Washington, Paul Revere and Samuel Adams once frequented. Don't be just another tourist - travel with us for that local Boston experience that only a Boston Urban Adventure can provide!
Feels like: -10°C
Mostly cloudy. Cold.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.